Our game is now finally starting to look like a real game. We have now made:
- Two Testmaps with some objects for testing features
- Player with animation and basic movements
- Camera that is follows the player
- Current health
- An AI enemy that runs after when you are in sight and attack when you are in range.
- A chest which opens when you stand in front of it and press “space”
- NPC dialog: If you stand next to an NPC and press “space”, you can be given instructions, mission etc.
- We have some problems to push/pull files generated by tiled2unity after using Tiled to create maps to/from git. We have now decided to only use Unity to create maps to avoid these problem in the future.
This picture show one of the testmaps when the player interact with a tree.
If you have any comments, questions or tips, please feel free to leave a comment below.
That will be all for the second post. Stay tuned!
Project219 development team